Investigating a franchise opportunity carefully before making a commitment is critical to your business successful. That’s why we have designed a multi-step process to help you thoroughly evaluate this major decision, and for us to determine whether you would be a great franchise partner. This process will be very educational for you and will certainly teach you about the nature of a franchise relationship, our mutual expectations of each other, and the attitude and resources you will need to succeed. Be prepared to ask questions, take notes, and give your due diligence the time and priority it deserves. It is important that you follow these steps in a timely manner as we do not hold or reserve specific territories for prospective franchisees. You will want to act decisively yet carefully in the process to receive franchisor approval and be offered a franchise in your preferred territory. Remember that this process is designed to help all of us assess the degree of match between you and Bike Doctor Mobile. We will be providing you with more detailed information and answering your questions at each step, but you will also be asked to do some valuable “homework” on your own. Each step in the process will help us mutually determine if there is a “fit” with Bike Doctor Mobile and you. Here is a brief overview:
- Initial Inquiry – Click here to submit your contact information. A Bike Doctor Mobile Representative will be touch in within 24 hours to arrange a brief initial call.
- Submit Preliminary Consideration Form to Bike Doctor Mobile. If after our first call, we feel that you could be a good fit for BDM, you will be ask to complete a Preliminary Consideration Form. We will be reviewing to ensure that your qualificationsand resource are a good match for us to proceed. If you have investors or partners, they should complete the form as well. Understanding the financial resources you have available will allow us to direct you to appropriate funding options. We’d like to learn more about your work and business history to see how your skills might be utilized in the Bike Doctor Mobile franchise model. While we do not require you to currently be trained and a certified as a mechanic, it’s certainly a plus! If not, you will complete Barnett Bicycle school as an initial franchise training requirement- all Bike Doctor Mobile franchises are operating by a certified mechanic.
- Franchise Presentation Call – This in-depth conference call will review the entire franchise program and address your questions, as well as continuing to learn more about you. We will discuss important next steps including business plan development, scheduling Discovery Day and securing capital and/or financing.
- Business Plan Development – Competitive Research and Proforma Building- As our Franchise Presentation call concludes, you will be anxious to get a better idea of how Bike Doctor Mobile fits into your market and to start “crunching numbers”. To assist in your analysis and planning, you will receive an abbreviated business plan tool from us.
- Franchise Disclosure Document – You will receive a digital copy of Bike Doctor Mobile’s Franchise Disclosure Document, which is the very detailed prospectus that every franchisor is required by the Federal Trade Commission to share with prospective franchisees. In it you will find a copy of the franchise agreement, detailed start up cost information and much more. We will set up a separate call to do a detailed review.
- Discovery Day – As we get to know one another better, you will be invited to join us in Maryland for a Discovery Day at our Corporate Headquarters. In addition to meeting our Founders and our team, you will get to see our Mobile Bike Service Van, and get an in-depth, hands-on look at the business model and what sets Bike Doctor Mobile apart. Discovery Days are a critical step in the franchise process and space is limited- it’s important not to delay in attending so that you can secure your desired geographic area if awarded a franchise- contact us (hyperlink) for upcoming dates so you can begin planning.
- Franchise Awarding and Agreement – The Bike Doctor Mobile Management team will review your candidacy at/after Discovery Day and make a determination as to whether to offer you a Bike Doctor Mobile Franchise franchise. After the Discovery Day, if the team feels you would be an ideal candidate and has verified your credit and capital resources, and you wish to secure the rights to your preferred territory, you will be given the opportunity to sign a Franchise Agreement (this can only occur at least two weeks after you’ve received the Franchise Disclosure Document.) After reviewing with your advisors, you would sign the agreement and pay your initial franchise fee, and then get started with Bike Doctor Mobile!